The VisionTrust was founded mid 2007 by Hein Wagner. His desire to help other disabled persons find meaningful jobs and live fulfilling lives, led him to formalize his intentions by means of starting a public benefit trust called The VisionTrust. Hein personally spent 5 years working behind a switch board. For many years he experienced the prejudices of Corporate South Africa in employing persons with disabilities, firsthand. He vowed to dedicate his time to change these perceptions and brake down the barriers to entry.
To make the world as we know it, a more accessible place for persons living with disabilities and to promote the integration of disabled persons into the workplace, sports arena and the arts.
To provide persons with disabilities with a variety of adaptive/assistive technologies, allowing them to operate independently in the open labour market. This includes specialized software (e.g. Text to Speech software for blind computer users, talking cell phones, etc.)
To fund disabled sportsmen and woman in order to achieve their full athletic potential (e.g. gear and kit, training fees, travel to national or international events etc.)
To assist disabled artists to enter their respective industries.
To sponsor approved employers who are striving to enable the work environment in order to employ persons with disabilities. This includes: alterations to buildings to allow or improve access to entry (wheelchair ramps, Braille on lifts, practical office and bathroom layouts etc.)
To make public buildings accessible to the blind and physically disabled.
How do we raise funds?
Hein tackles extreme adventures to benefit the VisionTrust. From braking landspeed records to participating in the Absa Cape Epic, no challenge is to extreme when it comes to helping others. We further arrange unique fundraising events to benefit the VisionTrust.
Who have we helped before?
- Since January 2012 we’ve sponsored 5 laptop computers with adaptive software to 5 blind students from all over the country.
- We sponsored the travelling and accommodation costs for a blind goal-ball team from Paarl to participate in the Nedbank SA National Championships for the physically disabled in Durban.
- We part sponsored the recording of a blind musician James Swanepoels latest CD to be on the shelves soon.
- We sponsored a blind golfer to participate in the SA open golf tournament for the physically disabled in Langebaan.
- We sponsored cycling shirts for the Helderberg Cycling club for the physically disabled in Stellenbosch.
- During 2011 we sponsored 6 blind students to go on 6 months of specialised computer training to educate them on the use of adaptive voice software. They were also trained in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- We also sponsored a blind genocide victim from Rwanda a laptop computer with adaptive voice software. He is currently completing his law degree through the University of Kigali.
How can you support us?
By making a donation directly to the VisionTrust or should you wish to get involved in any of our projects please send an e-mail to Visiontrust@heinwagner.co.za
Donations to the VisionTrust can be made directly into the following banking account:
Branch code: 630510
Account number: 406 942 3823
Account Holder: The VisionTrust
Click the donation button should you wish to make a credit card contribution.